Saturday, June 1, 2013

What the fuck is wrong with me?



This sucks. I never expected to have this problem growing up. But I did. And i just realized i've been dealing with this most of my life.

I feel like my social skills have been delayed for so long. I wonder if I will ever catch up. I wonder if I will ever be "normal" like other people. I wonder if I will be able to have normal friendships and to connect with others normally.

At first, the problem wasn't me. I used to think I didn't have any friends because of my social skills. But then I talk pretty normal, sound pretty normal....I think I am pretty normal. Except I think i'm kinda smart but then I am not nerdy or geek or anything. And i have my own passion which is music. Particularly in rock music. Whenever it comes to rock and roll, i suddenly become the energetic, confident, expressive version of myself, it's like my alterego. I'm not afraid to let loose and go crazy when it comes to that. And Kurt Cobain is my all time hero. 

I guess it all started when I got bullied, more to verbal abuse. I withdrew for a number of years. People labeled me with unwanted labels and reputations. I didn't deserve that. The problem wasn't me. Kids can be so cruel and it hurt a lot.

I developed trust issues. I became shyer from being told to shut up and being told I was boring, uninteresting, any number of names etc. I began to withdraw more to protect myself, I became more unfriendly to protect myself from rejection and hurt. It became harder for me to see who I could trust and who I couldn't trust.  I became more and more uncomfortable around people automatically.  I would cast myself automatically as a reject, outcase, I would act like I didn't belong and didn't fit in.

I had started to OUTCAST my ownself. To victimize and put myself down before anyone else did. I was doing this internally without realizing it. After many many years, I had begun to do to myself, what was done to me. I was self-destructive. I was bitter, angry and emotional. I did not understand what had happened. I did not consider anyone a friend. Only 1 or 2 people that i ever considered as my best friends, and 1 of them was my ex gf. It's sad but true. I could not trust a person's intentions. I glossed over words like "friendship", "bond", "fun" because they were too painful and I told myself they didn't apply to me. And because of that, my girlfriend who have been together with me for 5 years finally left because of my negative behavior, personality and attitude. I dont blame her, she deserve to be happy anyway, with someone who positive and better person.

Currently I'm learning to observe people. It has been a long road. I don't have difficulty making contact or making acquaintances but I can't seem to take it farther than that. I have the most difficulty with people who don't need my help, with people who are put together.

I was perfectly normal as a young child, fun, engaging, interesting, I reached out to people. It was only after being teased, labeled, stigmatized, beat down, hurt, and rejected over and over that I became like this. Overtime I developed behaviors and attitudes that led me down this path, and the weird thing is, I was even aware and conscious of it, but i really dont know how to control it.

I have been used many times. I have been manipulated and deceived by so-called friends who knew that I am a nice and good person and who used that to their advantage. I am tired of being used. I am tired of people who bail on me the second they get what they want, and people who only think of me  the second they need or want something. After all deep down, i think i'm really a nice, kind hearted person, do i have to break bad so the world will notice my existence?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment